Ann Marie Welker’s particular areas of focus are contract drafting and technology-related litigation. She is a highly effective trial lawyer, having won and successfully settled landmark cases in the area of information technology. She is admitted to plead before all civil courts at the trial and at the appellate level throughout Germany.
Her expertise includes:
• national and international transactions and outsourcing
• system integration, software development, networks, datacenters
• obtaining damages awards and settlements for customers of engineering and IT services, among others for companies in the areas of energy, retail and insurance
• obtaining dismissals and favorable settlements of product liability claims
• joint ventures, cooperation agreements, research and development
• contracts for engineering services
• commercial contracts for licensing, sales, purchasing, distribution
Ann Marie Welker studied at Georgetown University and Frankfurt University, where she obtained her doctorate in law in 1999. She was admitted to the German bar in 1997.
Before founding Welker Rechtsanwälte in 2008, Ann Marie Welker was an associated partner at Gleiss Lutz, where she co-founded and developed the IT practice group. A native of the United States with a full German legal qualification, Ann Marie Welker is equally fluent in English and German and has a working knowledge of French and Russian.